Some of you may lovingly remember this time and to those who weren't there- you missed out! :) I was just thinking who most of the world ciews christians as dull, dark, boring, religious and hippocritical fanatics who can't watch Mtv because "It's of the devil".
I was thinking of my time in India- hard, yes it was. But there was such a sense of unity and purpose that we just had fun. Fun riding in this bus on our way to Kurnool to preach and pray for a little over 1000 Indian's. Fun praying for 1000's of people to receive healing, deliverance, and blessing. Fun experience a country I never would have gone to if God hadn't provided a way.
Then I started thinking about what fun is.
1. Providing enjoyment; pleasantly entertaining; "an amusing speaker"; "a diverting story"; "a fun thing to do".
1. Activities that are enjoyable or amusing; "I do it for the fun of it"; "he is fun to have around".
2. Verbal wit (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously); "he became a figure of fun".
3. Violent and excited activity; "she asked for money and then the fun began"; (colloquial) "they began to fight like fun".
4. A disposition to find (or make) causes for amusement; "her playfulness surprised me"; "he was fun to be with".
That's how webster defines it. But I see a common element of fun. Its more than entertainment, it is this sense of fulfillment, joy and accomplishment all in one. its when we put our insecurities aside and just be who we are and let other people see that side of us and when we are accepted this way it builds confidence, stability and fun.
So think about it this week and pray, seek the Lord what is fun and what is fun for you?